The Buried Editor’s Book Proposal Contest has officially begun.
In order to enter all you have to do is send your full book proposal (and if you don’t remember what all the parts are click here)to the dedicated email that I have set up for this contest: email@example.com. All emails need to be received by April 18, giving you two full weeks to polish those proposals up.
Here are the complete rules:
- All entries must be received by 11:59 PM CST April 18, 2011.
- No attachments. Just copy and paste your proposal into an email. I realize this will make some long (and sometimes ugly format-wise) emails, but I that’s fine for this contest. I would not encourage that for an actual submission somewhere.
- Only do the parts of the book proposal that are pertinent to you. If you haven’t written a series, don’t write a series overview. If you’ve written a picture book, send that complete manuscript instead of the first three sample chapters.
- Entries must be a proposal for a children or teen book; however, you can enter any kind of children/teen book in any genre. Even ones that CBAY doesn’t normally consider (including non-fiction).
There will be 5 winners who will each receive a full (free) critique of their book proposal, including the sample manuscript/chapters.
- Technically, entries are not being submitted to CBAY Books, I will not be responding to every entry, just the winners. However, there’s a chance that if I really like the book proposal that I see, I might ask you to officially submit it to the AE at CBAY Books.
- You can enter a book proposal for manuscripts that have been previously rejected by CBAY since, like I said, this isn’t technically a CBAY submission.
- Questions? Comments? Enter them below.
May be excerpted and duplicated for educational purposes.