Ah, the time has come to test the cover letters and one page summaries you’ve been practicing. Announcing:
There will be 2 categories for this contest with one winner in each category. They are:
- Picture Book Manuscripts:
To enter this category you will need to post a cover letter for your manuscript on the forum board set up for this contest. The cover letter needs to be just like a cover letter you would attach to the top of a manuscript submission.
Prize: The winner will receive a free critique of the manuscript mentioned in the cover letter.
- Chapter Book/Middle Grade/Teen Manuscripts:
To enter this category you will need to post a cover letter and one page summary of your manuscript on the (separate) forum board set up for this contest. Again, this should be exactly like the cover letter and one page summary you would include as part of a submission.
Prize: The winner will receive a free critique of the first 3 chapters of the manuscript mentioned in the cover letter.
- You can only enter one manuscript in one of the categories. So, pick your best cover letter!
- This is not the time to offer feedback to each other. You’ll be able to see other entries, but do not comment on them.
- This is open to all manuscripts including ones that have been rejected by CBAY in the past. The only manuscripts that cannot enter are the ones that are currently under consideration by CBAY. This is 8 picture books and a few other projects. If in doubt email me, or submit a cover letter for a different project.
- I will not be picking the winner. I will choose my two favorites in each category, and then we will vote on this blog.
- Finally, I’ll be picking the two for voting based on the quality of the cover letters/summaries not on whether or not the book is right for CBAY. This is unrelated to CBAY’s wants or needs and will not result in any kind of publication. The prizes are literally just critiques.
- All entries need to be posted by 11:59 PM Sunday, March 27.
Best of luck!
May be excerpted and duplicated for educational purposes.